Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Blogging for Dollars

Though it may sound tacky to say so, I blog for profit. What I mean is that I make a whole bunch of blogs on the hope that one day it will turn into money for me. I don't think it's really as cynical as it might seem - after all, there are a lot of ways that people can earn money by writing. They involve publishing books that are sold for profit or getting salaried jobs working for newspapers or whatever. I like writing, I think I'm slightly-less-than-terrible at it, and I'd like to be able to justify writing by bringing in an oncome doing it. Those avenues are difficult to explore. Me? I write stuff on Blogspot, which is owned by Google, which owns Adsense and is happy to have their subdivisions working together. In theory, I allow Google to put ads on my pages and either by a lot of people seeing my page (and being 'exposed' to the ads) or by a smaller amount of people clicking on the ads, I earn money. Acres and acres of money, enough to fill swimming pools and swim in them, Scrooge McDuck style.

In practice... well, I've been at it for a few months and am earning pennies a day! For example, yesterday alone I earned a whopping $0.03. At this rate, I'll be ready to retire in... well, as soon as I decide to starve to death, really.

I ama very patient person. I realise that it really takes time to start getting readership numbers that actually make it worthwhile, and I've only been at it for a few months yet. By necessity, I'm doing what I can with rather limited time per day. But it requires the faith that otherwise only Scientologists and Communists seem to possess to look at a sum total that increases by pennies a day and say, "yeah, this is really worthwhile".

1 comment:

  1. Get daily suggestions and guides for making THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS per day ONLINE for FREE.
    SUBSCRIBE TODAY

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...