Monday, December 21, 2009

A Proper Blog

Hi. My name is Bungle Jerry. Well, obviously it isn't, but that's the clever-clever name I've adopted for myself. It is, of course, a spoonerism of "jungle berry", a rather ridiculous phrase that some junk-food companies use for their products. I've been keeping a whole bunch of what I'll call 'blogs' on Blogspot, but they aren't really blogs because they follow certain 'themes' and in most cases I post weekly. i think of them more like 'columns'. I kept a blog once before, but by and large I've never really understood why people would care what I happen to think, as an individual. The 'blogs' I keep are pretty depersonalised endeavours. But the so-called 'blogosphere' (God that's a terrible word) rather logically revolves around proper blogs, so I thought I'd go ahead and start one of those.

I'm not sure how personal I want to get - I'm a pretty reserved person, and I'm not convinced anyone would be much interested in my personal life anyway ("Today I went to Tim Horton's and had an iced cappucino!"). But I guess if nothing else a 'proper' blog will allow me to mouth off on certain topics that don't fit into my serialised blogs and, I suppose, occasionally discuss those other blogs too. Shrug. I have no real idea what I want to do with this blog, but I suppose it's good to have one. I don't know. If nothing else, I can use this as a kind of 'headquarters' for whatever other Blogspot-related activities I happen to carry out. Or I'll get bored and let it lie fallow. I repeat, shrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...