Monday, May 3, 2010

"This Much Cleaning Ingredients"

schoonmaakmiddelenImage via Wikipedia
I'm no grammar nazi, but I can't comprehend how Tide detergent can go ahead and use the phrase 'this much cleaning ingredients' in a commercial. I can grit my teeth with 'six items or less', but how can anyone say 'this much cleaning ingredients' sounds right? Obvously they can't show a bottle and say 'this many cleaning ingredients', and they can't change the grammar of the word 'ingredient' by saying 'this much cleaning ingredient', but clearly they needed to find a different way to say what they were trying to say. It's fingernails on blackboards to my ears.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who felt this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE right ... I did not mean to be exclusionary. Carpet Cleaning Vancouver Couples working together is an excellent idea in far more areas than just organization!!

    I appreciate all my male readers, especially somelike you who's been on board since Day One! ... it was a slip of the keyboard! I won't let it happen again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...