Friday, May 13, 2011

What am I Doing?

I'm a bit unsure of myself at this point. In January, I made a snap decision to push forward full-steam-ahead with this particular blog here, committing myself to an entry a day. I'm enjoying doing it, but seeing as how I'm pressured for time anyway and would always like to doing more than I'm currently able to, it has had a negative effect, in that I've had pretty much to stop all of my other blogs, which I enjoyed doing as well.

Google seems to appreciate the high levels of activity this blog gets: certain items get way more hits from Google users than I suspect they would have if I'd put them on other blogs. But this blog is a rather purposeless mishmash of ideas from all over the place - and while that's not a bad thing, it makes me wonder why anyone would want to follow this blog regularly.

The hundred blogs I've started up over the past few years were all meant to be 'idea specific' blogs that would focus on one theme or one idea, thus ideally letting Google know what they focused on (bringing more hits and targeted ad revenue) and also ideally developing a core of followers. Neither of those seem to have happened, though it might be the low frequency with which I update them. As there's only 24 hours in a day and I have to devote about 23 of those to 'other things', there just doesn't remain enough time to really keep those other blogs 'active' enough for Google to take notice of them.

So what do I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...