Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Changing of the Guard

For the past ten months or so (I can calculated it, and I will, but I can't be bothered at the moment), the title of 'most viewed of my blogs' has been the same: this one, A Proper Blog. And with my 2011 commitment to posting at least one entry a day on this blog (obviously as a result meaning less frequent posts on other blogs, the majority of which I'm now let fall entirely dormant), I certainly expected that to continue. I had a theory that a much more frequent updating schedule would endear this particular blog to the Google Gods.

To an extent, it has (I think). But against all expectations, in the month of February, it lost the title of 'Most Popular Bungle Jerry Blog'. One other blog of mine has whooshed ahead of it, with a 500% increase in views in February over January. And it hasn't gone viral: that's all organic Google searching. Someone up there in Mountain View must love me.

Or must love 'Album Cover Gallery', anyway, for it's the blog that's broken ahead, gone off-and-running and left this here blog in the dust. It was my Hipgnosis special, where I exhibited 75 covers designed by Hipgnosis. That went over well, and clearly I need to really concentrate on that blog in March, in a 'strike-while-the-iron-is-hot' kind of way. It's not my favourite blog to do, but I launched it on a hunch that Google would like it. And Google does seem to, even if it only has a dozen or so entries.

Who'd have thought it?

Anyway, hats off to the new king. From the new #2.

1 comment:

  1. Submit your website or blog now for listing in Google and over 300 other search engines!

    Over 200,000 sites indexed!

    Submit RIGHT NOW with I Need Hits!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...