Monday, March 28, 2011

Something Steve told me...

"You know, that reminds me of something Steve told me the other day when Terry and I were at Erika's house."

Why do people on the internet do this? There needs to be a term for it, for the medical condition that makes certain people - in particular, I have noticed, younger people who grew up with an internet - reference friends by name from their real lives, people who I could not possibly have any chance of knowing. When I'm talking online about something or someone from my 'real' life, I'm constantly sayhing things like, 'a freind of mine' or 'this guy I know'. Does that make me old-fashioned? Should I be using proper names?

And if so - why? It seems ridiculous to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...